Foundation Repair in Nashville TN
One of the most important parts of your home is the foundation. Your home literally stands on it. It is for this reason that you must make sure that it is structurally sound and if there is need for foundation repair, it is important to handle it as soon as possible. When the foundation is not sitting right or if there is need for repair, you will notice certain signs that will tell you it is time to get something done about it. They are as follows:
- The brick facing will crack – When you notice these cracks, you can be sure that the foundation is moving. It is important that you do not use cosmetic repairs to patch things up. Instead, call in a professional specializing in foundation repair to assess and determine what the cause is. This will minimize future hassle and expenditure.
- Cracks in the drywall – As the foundation shifts, you will begin to notice cosmetic damage such as cracks in the drywall around doorframes and windows. You may also see cracks in the corners.
- Sinking foundation – This is a very serious sign that speaks of settlement issues. The sinking of the foundation is happening because it is separating itself from the building. This foundation repair must be handled with urgency or it will lead to collapsing walls.
- Block foundation cracks – This is an indicator that there is lateral pressure coming to bear on the walls. You may notice horizontal cracks or stair step cracks in the mortar joints.
- Leaning or cracking chimney – Usually the chimney is built on its own footer. If it leans, it means that the footer it is built on is shifting. Sometimes it can be the foundation moving which then disturbs the chimney footer. You will need a professional to assess and let you know what the problem is.
- Windows and doors that are uneven – When the foundation shifts, it causes the framework of your home to warp so that it is not square. This causes your doors and windows to be uneven and they become difficult to close or open due to sticking.
- Concrete cracks – Once you have poured your concrete, it takes it 30 days to cure. In those 30 days, you may begin to notice cracks in the concrete. This in itself is a simple repair, but if you notice other signs as well, it may become an indicator that you have serious settlement issues and need urgent foundation repair.
Foundation repair is not something to take lightly and should be dealt with in a timely manner. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment!